Brisbane Winter 2018
Entry is free for spectators.100 Competitors max.
5BLD is a tentitive event.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (Australian Dollar).
- Login to the WCA website.
- Navigate to the competition page.
- Click Register.
- Select the events that you would like to compete in.
- Click Register.
- Pay using the WCA Stripe system.
Please ensure that you are using a valid email address for your WCA acccount.
You will receive an email stating "You have registered for Brisbane Winter 2018". This does NOT mean that you are on the Registration List. You will go onto the Waiting List.
Competitors on the Waiting List will not be reviewed until payment is made.
Registration may close earlier if the limit is reached. It may close within an hour of opening.
- The Waiting List is sorted and processed based on the order of payment.
- It may take a day or two to manually review.
- You will receive an email "Your registration for Brisbane Winter 2018 has been accepted" once approved and you will appear on the Competitor list on the competition page.
- Competitors still on the Waiting List will receive a refund and be deleted on 20th of June. They may ask for a refund earlier.
- Competitors on the Registration List have until 8pm on the 20th of June to notify Speedcubing Australia by email if they would like to delete their registration and receive a refund so that someone else from the Waiting List may compete. Refunds will not be given to competitors on the Registration List after the 20th of June.
- Competitors on the Waiting List may withdraw and receive a refund by contacting Speedcubing Australia via email.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Riley Dexter||8.75||10.21||Australia||14.10||9.89||10.58||8.75||10.16|
|4x4x4 Cube||Richie Lim||42.53||45.22||Australia||42.53||46.16||48.83||46.23||43.28|
|5x5x5 Cube||Jonathan Charlesworth||1:26.31||1:26.97||Australia||1:27.87||1:26.40||1:26.63||1:27.92||1:26.31|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Tong Zhu (朱彤)||1:07.79||DNF||China||DNF||DNF||1:07.79|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Jonathan Charlesworth||19.90||21.49||Australia||20.76||22.89||20.81||24.27||19.90|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Nathan Seeto||10:50.00||DNF||Australia||10:50.00||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 30 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:40.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||30:00.00 cumulative *|
|Time||Event||Format||Round||Type||Cut-offs||Time limit||# Competitors|
|08:30 - 09:30||Setup|
|09:00 - 09:30||Registration|
|08:45 - 09:45||4BLD||Bo3||1 of 1||Combined Final||1h cumulative with 5BLD|
|08:45 - 09:45||5BLD||Bo3||1 of 1||Combined Final||1h cumulative with 4BLD|
|09:30 - 09:45||Welcome/Demo|
|09:45 - 10:45||Pyraminx||Ao5||1 of 1||Final||1m|
|10:45 - 12:00||3x3||Ao5||1 of 3||First||10m|
|12:00 - 12:50||4x4||Bo2/Ao5||1 of 2||Combined First||1m 30s||2m|
|12:50 - 13:40||Lunch|
|13:40 - 14:00||3BLD||Bo3||1 of 1||Combined Final||10m cumulative|
|14:00 - 14:50||OH||Bo2/Ao5||1 of 2||Combined First||45s||1m 30s|
|14:50 - 15:40||Square1||Bo2/Ao5||1 of 1||Combined Final||45s||1m|
|15:40 - 16:10||3x3||Ao5||2 of 3||Second||30|
|16:10 - 17:10||5x5||Ao5||2 of 2||Combined Final||2m 30s||3m|
|17:10 - 17:25||4x4||Ao5||2 of 2||Final||8|
|17:25 - 17:40||OH||Ao5||2 of 2||Final||8|
|17:40 - 17:50||3x3||Ao5||3 of 3||Final||12|
|17:50 - 18:05||Pack-up|
|18:05 - 18:15||Awards|
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.